Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Color Infusion

Ahh, it is so great to pull color and paint back into the mix after years of primarily black and white work! The flow of paint on the brush, the bright bursts of various hues. It is so exciting! Would I be so excited had I not stepped away from color for a few years? Perhaps, perhaps not. Without darkness there is no light. Yin and yang, etc. As I have not painted in quite a bit of time I am playing with some new techniques. This one I took an image from the Sleep Project and stylized it in photoshop and am working from that image. This is why it looks sort of paint by number. Just about all of the mixing is done on the palette and little to none on the paper. At this point more excited by the color than the style of painting but it has been a great way to jump back into the paint!

No comments: