Sunday, February 13, 2011



'Transform, Munificent, Capacious'
Each of these Valentines I made with someone I know in mind. Being an artist who enjoys the nuance and implication of words nearly as much as form and drawing, I of course had to integrate these into my pieces. I thought a bit of Elizabeth Gilbert's reference in 'Eat, Love, Pray' to the concept of each city having one word that captures the essence of that city. What word captures the essence of the state of these people's hearts right now? I realized that I know a lot of people who have hearts in various states of repair and disrepair. I guess with a certain amount of time spent in this world most of us are bound to have had at least a little bit of broken in our hearts. What do we choose to do with this? What is the state of your heart?

No comments: