Monday, January 26, 2009

What They Said

This is the start of a piece based on 'what they said'. I have been taking quotes that stand out in my mind from conversations that I have with people. (dont worry, they are anonymous) I then pull pieces from them and write them out and transfer them to various configurations of muslin, canvas, paper on 2 inch squares. I then knot them all together like a quilt. It is becoming really amazing - creating this fabric of all of these pieces of text pulled from dialogue.

2 comments:

luluicx said...

What 'they' say I don't know but what 'I' say is wow! Very creative and interesting.

Dan said...

Selena,
Im still your biggest fan! I never wanted to be offensive. I love your art. Im glad to see more of it and I hope you post more. I hope you are doing well.
-DF